Usunt kosthold er den viktigste dødsårsaken i den industrialiserte verden. Omtrent en av fem dødsfall kan tilskrives et ugunstig kosthold. Kostholdet vårt påvirker i stor grad utviklingen av kroniske sykdommer.
Medisinstudenter og leger, samt annet helsepersonell, kan lære en god del mer om sammenheng mellom kosthold og helse enn det de gjør i dag. Derfor lanserte Physicians Association for Nutrition PAN Academy.
Andre ressurser for leger og medisinstudenter
Kostholdets potensial – 7 artikler (pdf) og en video – på engelsk
- The Power of Nutrition (Part 1) How Food Determines Our Health
- The Power of Nutrition (Part 2) The Global Burden of Non-Communicable Diseases
- The Power of Nutrition (Part 3) The Blue Zones
- The Power of Nutrition (Part 4) Epigenetics
- The Power of Nutrition (Part 5) The Human Microbiome
- The Power of Nutrition (Part 6) How Does Nutrition Work?
- The Power of Nutrition (Part 7) The Clarity of Evidence
Tidligere webinarer på engelsk
March 17 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pmWebinarCost: on donation basis
PLEASE REGISTER ON THIS WEBSITE (external link). _____________________________________________ Physicians Association for Nutrition International (PAN) hosts VegMed, Europe’s largest medical congress on plant-based nutrition and healthcare. For the first time, #VegMed2021 was hosted online, of which an entire day of content was dedicated to the role of climate change and pandemics in healthcare. In order to bring this important topic to the South African public, Physicians Association for Nutrition South Africa (PAN SA) has collaborated with the Public Health Association for South Africa (PHASA) to… Les mer her
Webinarer for januar – februar 2020
Event #6: “Food choices as drivers of zoonotic disease emergence”
Speaker: Prof. Robyn Alders, AO, BSc(Vet) Hons I, BVSc Hons I, DipVetClinStud., PhD.
Robyn Alders is a Senior Consulting Fellow with the Chatham House Centre for Universal Health, an Honorary Professor with the Development Policy Centre within the Australian National University and an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Infectious Disease and Global Health, School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University. For over 30 years, she has worked closely with family farmers in sub-Saharan Africa, SE Asia and Australia as a veterinarian, researcher and colleague, with an emphasis on sustainable control of infectious animal disease in support of food and nutrition security. Robyn’s current research and development interests include domestic and global food and nutrition security, One/Planetary Health, gender equity and Science Communication. She is also the Chair of the Kyeema Foundation. Prof. Alders is the recipient of many awards, among them the Kesteven Medal and the Inaugural Mitchell Global Humanitarian Award.
Over the past 200 years, the growing human population, and intensification and expansion of agricultural and livestock production, has been accompanied by an increased frequency of the emergence of zoonotic disease. Key drivers of this emergence include:
- increased high-density rearing of same-age animals with high genetic homogeneity, e.g. pigs and poultry;
- expansion of agricultural and other activities into previously naïve environments increasing contact with novel viruses from wildlife; and
- increased movements of people and animals facilitating the ease with which emerging pathogens infect new hosts.
- Please carry out the registration using the signup form above. Your registration will only be successful after confirming your email address in the email sent afterwards. You will receive a confirmation mail hereafter.
- Registration ends an hour before the event or when all spots have been taken.
- Please note that all dates and time refer to CET (Central European Time).
- On the day of the event, the access links will be sent to all successfully registered email addresses.
- PAN is an officially recognized, charitable nonprofit organization. If you would like to participate in this online event, please choose your donation amount for the general work of PAN as part of the registration process.
By registering, you agree that PAN may send you information about other PAN educational offers by email. You can object to this use at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs.
Please also note the PAN data protection policy.